與安省政府談判期間, OHIP 工業行動暫停
5 things to know about the optometry funding issue, and how the government can fix it.
The first step to fixing this issue is not nearly as complicated as MPP Martin is making it out to be.
Job action could end today with a simple commitment from the Ministry of Health, which they have been reluctant to make.
Here is a quick hit summary of what the main issues are.
Amanda Pfeffer CBC Journalist
An in-depth discussion of issues.
As Ontario Optometrists are ready to protest outside Queens Park, patients and optometrists weigh in on their job action. Optometrists have withdrawn their services in their dispute with the province over covering their costs. We hear from MPP Robin Martin, Parliamentary Secretary to the Health Minister as well as Dr. Sheldon Salaba, head of the Ontario Association of Optometrists, as well as patients who have been without service for more than a month.
Aired: Oct. 6, 2021
November 12, 2021
Progressive Conservative MPP Gila Martow says her own party should be doing more at Queen's Park to resolve a dragging dispute with optometrists.
Martow, a PC MPP for Thornhill and a qualified optometrist, told CP24 Friday that she is criticizing her party publicly because she feels her efforts to resolve the conflict within government have been ignored. She said that the Ford government did not listen to her and that now “the optometrists have no choice” but to take action by withholding services.
It is a privilege for us to serve you and our community as your eye doctor for over 38 years.
However, we are saddened by the lack of priority that the Ontario government has placed on quality eye care for you and your family.
Recently, you may have seen the news about eye care in Ontario and wondered how this may impact you. Here at Dr. Albert S. Y. Ng, 2010 Eye Care Centre, your eye care is our number one priority. We want you to know that we are committed to ensure you get the quality eye care that you and your family deserve. We want you to know the optometrists of Ontario have a plan to protect access to quality eye care.
作為你的眼科醫生，我們能夠繼續為我們的社區提供眼科醫療服務超過 38 年，對此深感榮幸。
最近，您可能看到了有關安省眼科醫生的新聞，並想知道這對你和你的家人有何影響。 在 吳士英眼科中心，你的眼科保健服務仍然是我們的首要任務。 我們眼科醫生致力於確保你們獲得應得的眼科保健服務。
What's the Problem? 目前情況如何？
· For more than 30 years, the Ontario government has failed to adequately fund eye care.
· For more than 30 years, the Ontario government has refused to formally negotiate with optometrists.
· In 1989, the Ontario government pays on average $39.95 for an eye exam
· Thirty-two years later, in 2021, the Ontario government pays on average $44.65 for an eye exam
· That fee does not even come close to covering the office expenses such as staff, rent, utilities, equipment, and supplies required to provide an eye exam.
The level of funding for OHIP insured eye exams is not sustainable.
· 三十多年來，安大略省政府一直未曾將合理的資源投放在 眼科保健上。
· 32年後 (2021年) ，他們支付費用僅為＄44.65。
Who Will Be Impacted by This? 誰會受此影響？
· Unfortunately, those who are impacted most are children, seniors and those with existing eye diseases.
· 不幸的是，受影響最大的是 兒童、老人 和 患有視力問題的人。
What is the Solution? 解決方案是什麼？
· Ontario optometrists are fighting for continued access to quality eye care for you and your family and we need the government to come to the table.
· We need the government to commit to a binding, formal negotiation process - the same way they do with other health care services - to ensure quality eye care for everyone in Ontario, today and in the future.
· If they do not prioritize eye care, as of September 1, 2021, access to eye care for millions of Ontarians will end.
· 我們安省眼科醫生需要安省政府進行一個具有約束力的正式談判 — 如同其他醫療保健服務 — 以確保現在、未來安省居民都能夠獲得優質眼科保健服務。
· 如果政府繼續未有重視市民的眼睛健康，則從 2021 年 9 月 1 日起，安省居民將無法獲得基本眼科保健服務。
How You Can Help: 我們需要你的幫忙:
To help save eye care in Ontario, please sign the Petition at our clinics or visit www.saveeyecare.ca to sign an electronic letter to tell our elected government officials that eye care matters to you.
為了安省的眼科保健服務能夠持續下去，請在我們的診所簽署倡議書或瀏覽 www.saveeyecare.ca 上簽署倡議書，告訴安大略省政府：眼科保健服務對你是十分重要的。
Together, we can save eye care in Ontario.
ONTARIO OPTOMETRISTS ARE THE LOWEST PAID IN CANADA
Our fees would have to increase by over 60% to reach the next lowest province. The bar graph here compares Ontario to other provinces (Alberta, Manitoba, and Quebec) that fully fund eye care.
我們的費用必須增加 60% 以上才能到達第二低的省份。下面的圖將安省 Ontario 與其他全額資助眼科護理的省份（如: 亞省 Alberta、曼尼托巴省 Manitoba 和 魁北克省 Quebec 進行了比較。
IF I AM COVERED BY OHIP, CAN I PAY FOR MY EYE EXAM?
如果我是OHIP 所涵蓋的人士， 我可以支付眼科檢查費用嗎？
No. Unfortunately, provincial law prevents anyone from paying for any OHIP-insured service, even if you have your own insurance.
For over 30 years, successive Ontario governments have ignored Optometrists.
In 1989 the fee paid for an OHIP insured eye exam was $39.15; today, over 32 years later, it is on average $44.65. This has not kept up with inflation and does not come close to covering the cost (including rent, staff, utilities, equipment, taxes, and supplies) to provide an eye exam.
Every time we perform an OHIP insured eye exam we do so at a loss.
This Is Not Sustainable.
1989 年，OHIP 眼科檢查的費用為 $39.15； 32 年後的今天，平均價格為 $ 44.65。
每次我們進行 OHIP 眼科檢查時，我們都正在虧本。
A response to the Ministry of Health
HOW CAN I HELP?
Please visit saveeyecare.ca to sign our online petition or call/email your MPP.
請在我們的診所簽署倡議書或瀏覽 www.saveeyecare.ca 上簽署倡議書，或致電/發送電郵給你的省議員。
You may have read the government has offered us an 8.48% increase in our fees. For a senior’s eye exam that would raise our fee to $51.00. While that seems generous, it still leaves us more than 30% lower than Manitoba, the next lowest paid province. Unfortunately, an 8.48% increase does not make up for 32 years of neglect.
We need the government to prioritize and properly fund eye care to make it sustainable for years to come.
你也許已經知道安省政府向我們提供了 8.48% 的費用增長。對於老年人的眼科檢查，我們的費用會提高到$51.00。雖然這看起來很慷慨，但它仍然讓我們比第二低的曼尼托巴省 (MB - Manitoba) 低 30% 以上。不幸的是，8.48% 的增長並不能夠彌補 32 年來的忽視。
Copyright © 2020 http://dralbertng2010eye.com/ - All Rights Reserved.
photography: stock & Dr Albert S. Y. Ng, OD, FAAO
Routine Eye Care is now provided for all patients and will be prioritized as per the Ministry of Health.
We appreciate your patience as we triage hundreds of cancelled appointments.
Appointment reminders & Clinic Updates are now done by email & SMS Text.
* Please verify your contact information by clicking the link below.
* 請透過以下連結來確認 你的電郵和手提電話 。